Infrastructure and Property Projects
Sunday 12 March 2023
To be confirmed
We are proud to be One Team at East Midlands Railway (EMR). We are passionate about keeping people safe, delighting our customers, doing the right thing and delivering easier journeys every day. With over 2,400 employees, our people are the reason we are so successful. Seven times accredited as a Top Employer, we have an outstanding opportunity to join East Midlands Railway as an Infrastructure & Property Programme Lead.
The I&P Programme Lead will lead and support a group of project managers through the business transformational change agenda. They will also ensure sufficient resources are provided to deliver projects and to disburse our requirements around safe delivery of works and maintain a master programme of works which forecasts resource and manage the supply and demand of said resource. This is a fixed term contract until March 2024. For internal employees, this will be a secondment.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Planning and designing the programme of Infrastructure & Property works; proactively forecasting demands, monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Define and execute programme controls (processes, procedures, reporting, etc) in partnership with the business PMO.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure that major events and industry activities are reflected in the programme and that programme risks are adequately communicated.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to projects to enhance the full skill set of the team including informal contracting to agree scope and reporting requirements, making the case for additional resources where required.
- Managing the wellbeing of the project management team including identifying and resourcing of training requirements as well as performance management of the team.
- Managing the processes, dependencies and the interfaces between projects and the wider business
- Provide change management for the portfolio of works as they deliver a new ‘BAU’ position.
- Provide quality assurance on reports, plans, drawings and calculations developed as part of the works programme.
- Act as the point of escalation for specific project risks and issues.
- Identify and employ economies of scale and synergies between projects to achieve value for money (e.g. shared line blocks and shared contractors)
- Develop clear stakeholder and RACI plans for stakeholder engagement, including pulse-checks to ensure both internal and external stakeholders have buy-in to project scopes/objectives and feel appropriately engaged.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive, accessible records and project data including a forward archiving regime.
As an experienced I&P Programme Lead you will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to clearly set, monitor and review standards, effectively negotiating & managing stakeholders and partners as appropriate.
- Awareness of Network Rail planning & access processes and impacts thereof.
- Significant experience in Project/Programme Management with appropriate qualification (PRINCE/2, APM)
- Experience of financial management and forecasting.
- Good negotiator and communicator (both written and oral) with a keen analytical approach and proven management experience, championing good behaviour and teamwork in others.
- Work flexibly, being able to attend site and provide advice outside of normal working hours when required.
- Be effective in making decisions within a challenging business and commercial environment
- IT literate, able to present programme timelines, milestones and major events/risks both verbally and graphically.
- Degree or equivalent experience
As well as a competitive salary, we’ll also offer you:
- Excellent Railway Pension scheme
- Free travel on East Midlands Railway, LNER and Train Operating Companies under Abellio
- Friends and Family discounted Tickets on the EMR Network
- 75% discount on National Travel (inc partner and dependants)
- Various training opportunities
- …and many more!
Ready to take on this exciting opportunity? Submit your online application form and upload your CV. As we operate a blind screening process please remove all personal information including your name from your CV.
We promise to treat you fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment and selection process.