Our Client is a leading UK wide Building and Civils main contractor with over 40 years’ experience.
They currently require a HSE Advisor (Civils) to join them on a £100m + new road complete with infrastructure
As a HSE Advisor you will be responsible for all aspects of delivery of the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems. Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Manager, the Regional SHEQ Advisor will provided support and guidance to our Project Management teams to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all those involved in the project This will include, but not limited to, undertaking audits and inspections, developing operating procedures, preparing reports and statistics, delivering presentations as well as providing advice and guidance to employees and sub-contractors.
* Undertake regular inspections and audits in keeping with an agreed programme in all operating regions and report accordingly.
* Investigate and report on incidents, dangerous occurrences, ill health and near misses.
* Prepare and present relevant statistics.
* Advise and assist site and office based staff on all aspects of the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems and procedures.
* Source, plan and also deliver training to employees as required to recognised/acceptable standards.
* Continual promotion of the health and safety ethos and culture at all levels in the Company and with sub-contractors.
* Preparation of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans the site with assistance from site staff.
* Respond to tender pre-qualification questionnaires and contribute to quality submissions.
* Assess competence of sub-contractors.
* Attend and contribute to health and safety meetings at site, regional and Company level.
* Liaise with Client bodies and attend meetings as instructed by the Health & Safety Director.
* Contribute to and develop appropriate health and safety, as well as environmental initiatives as required by the Health & Safety Director.
* Prepare and distribute regular health and safety alerts as required.
* Liaise with the Company Insurance Department in respect of insurance claims and related court hearings.
* Contribute to the development of operating procedures and other aspects of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualities;
* Professionally qualified within SHEQ field (NEBOSH).
* Proven track record as an operational HSE Advisor within the Construction industry.
* Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Evidence of working knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems.
* Accident and incident investigation experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Evidence of working effectively within a team.
* IT literate.
* Civils experience
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on (phone number removed). Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients