ROLE TITLE Street Lighting Electrician
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Support the delivery the programme as instructed by the Operations Supervisor.
Health, Safety & Environmental
* Identify potential hazards and proactively implement actions and controls via Point of work risk assessment
* Ensure all plant and small tools are adequately maintained before use
* Actively engage in Task Briefings, Toolbox talks and Construction Ready discussion processes.
* Ensures plant is adequate for the task prior to being used
* Submit close calls, good practices and observations as they arise
* Demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental
* Seek to improve levels of safety at every opportunity
* Ensure that a Right First Time culture is adopted
* Highlight opportunities for improvement to Operations Supervisor Productivity
The position will involve:
* The installation, repair and maintenance of lighting columns, brackets, overhead cables, bollards and signs
* Installation/Jointing of Private cable network
* Carry out Electrical tests to BS7671
* Report/rectify any defects
* Complete and sign off any electrical certificates following installation
* The changing of lamps, lamp holders, covers, electric cells, fuses, capacitors, switches etc.
* The tracing/tracking and diagnosis of electrical faults
* Management of basic on site point of work risk assessments
* Responsible for site traffic management
* Responsible for company equipment and vehicles
* Work unsociable hours as required
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
* Must be a good team player
* You should be technically competent with experience working within street lighting.
* Must be comfortable working within a team as well as working alone and to tight deadlines.
* You will have the ability to read maps and must have a good level of written and numerical skills.
* A demonstrable ability to learn new processes quickly.
* Excellent attention to detail & self-motivated.
* Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of fault repair.
* GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English.
* 18th Edition Wiring regulations
* Level 2 Electrical qualification
* Level 3 Electrical qualification
* 2391 Inspection & Testing or 714 Street Lighting Testing
* Good communication skills both verbal and written
* Willing to attend training as required
* Full clean UK Driving License
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* Street Lighting experience
* IPAF 1b
* G39/1 210 Working in the vicinity of DNO
* First Aid at Work
* NRSWA Operative
* Manual Handling
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment