My client is one of the UK's largest and most successful construction and infrastructure companies, currently recruiting for Site Managers.
To manage Supply Chain Partners and directly employed workforce in delivering civil engineering schemes and related projects as part of the current Highways Partnering contract with the NCC.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual with an ability to ensure the delivery, by subcontract, of maintenance and improvement schemes to a strict programme and within an allocated budget.
The works will involve footpath reconstruction, carriageway resurfacing and surface treatments, drainage, traffic signals and bridge repairs.
You will have experience of dealing day to day with subcontractors and solving issues as they arise, managing budgets and promoting a culture of positive health & safety.
The position requires an awareness of the challenges in carrying out works on a live public highway and you will therefore need to be aware of the health and safety requirements in delivering civil engineering projects in such an environment.
SKills and Knowledge:
* Reporting to the Construction Manager you will have an ability to manage construction sites.
* The position may from time to time entail regular contact with the client, the general public, elected councillors and parish councils and therefore face to face and written communication skills are essential.
* Ensuring the health and safety of yourself, the workforce and the public is the most important aspect of this role and you will demonstrate an ability to maintain the existing high standards within the company.
* A good knowledge of both Chapter 8 and Construction (Design and Management) is essential.
* An ability to interpret contract documents including contract drawings and B.O.Q's.
* On site monitoring of a high standard of workmanship in compliance with the approved design layouts. Carryout and agree final site inspections.
* Compliance to change control contract requirements.
* HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* CSCS Card
* NRSWA Supervisor
* 12D Traffic Management
* NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate
* Driving licence (clean)