This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a technical background and demonstrable hands-on experience in the drainage sector.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the drainage, civil and ground engineering sectors. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, they can deliver a full range of techniques bespoke to any client requirement or client specification.
Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client is now seeking to appoint a number of experienced Drainage Technicians to cover complex works in challenging and often inhospitable environments and conditions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of site or project works specifically within this sector.
The Role & Requirements
* Comply to all company and site specific HSEQ policies at all times
* Responsible for rigs, plant, resources, materials other site based operatives and sub-contractors
* Attend to and successfully carry out all assigned duties to deliver projects safely and timely
* Work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to ensure all works are delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards at all times
* Produce site records including, but not limited to; daily grouting logs, pre-start checks, risk assessments and site records etc
* Carry out drainage CCTV surveys and produce reports for clients after inspection
* Using high pressure jetting equipment to clean and unblock drains, across the residential, commercial, industrial and highways sectors
* Experienced in working in confined spaces
* Produce basic drawings of sites, buildings or roads showing all drainage and connectivity
* Using various software on a daily basis, including MS Office and WINCAN etc
* Excavation and repair of broken or faulty sewers
* Relining drains, which involves mixing chemicals
* Loading vehicles with relevant materials and equipment, and checking all tools and plant are in working order, and in accordance with HSE Regulations
* An understanding of various project or site based techniques, with the ability to use and operate complex plant, tools and machinery
* Reading and understanding of site or project specifications and drawings
* A good understanding of adopting varied techniques pertaining to the ground or site conditions
* An ability to produce reports that are easily digested based on gathering large amounts of technical information from multiple sites
* Highly organised and effective, with the ability to plan and schedule your own workload with the minimum of supervision
An attractive basic salary (permanent) plus overtime, site bonuses, an extensive benefits package and local working is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s market leading status in this sector, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth