The Construction Co-Ordinator will provide administrative support to the Divisional Construction Director (DCD) and the Construction Department within the Midlands Region, work on own initiative and take ownership of various roles assigned to them but not limited to:
- Maintain DCD and Contracts Manager’s(CM) diaries as required.
- Arrange meetings and appointments as required.
- Minute taking at meetings as required.
- General typing and correspondence for the team as and when required.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and directing to the relevant person.
- Maintain holiday and absence records for the Dept, all holidays to be added into DCD & CM’s diaries.
- Process monthly expenses for DCD & CM’s.
- Hotel and travel bookings as required.
- Maintain and update H&S Training Matrix.
- Organise relevant H&S Training as required ie First Aid at Work, SMSTS Refresher course etc.
- Monthly H&S & NHBC Reportable Item Scores.
- Looking after all Agency labour for the Midlands region.
- Liaising with Datum RPO and using their portal for approval of hours/timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Organising all new starter info/equipment ie email address, mobile phone, laptop, uniform.
- Setting up new starters on Datum (document register where all drawings etc are kept) and Agresso (Expenses, Requisitions and Good Receipt).
- Organising Requisitions /Good Receipting for external companies.
- Keeping track/log of COVID paperwork, daily and weekly diaries for the sites within the Midlands Region.
- Updating Datum with the latest Construction Programmes and a placing a copy on file for DCD every Friday.
- Printing out of site drawings and sending out to relevant Site as and when required.
- Co-ordination of Site Noticeboards quarterly and issuing out to Sites.
Other general responsibilities
- Maintain standards and consistency by keeping up to date and operating within the latest defined standard specifications, using the approved documentation, process, systems and source information to ensure consistent and effective performance.
- Always fully comply with McCarthy Stone’s policies and procedures.
- Actively engage and collaboratively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Health and Safety
Your Health and Safety responsibilities are to:
- take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- act in accordance with Company Health & Safety policies and procedures, carrying out any work in accordance with any training, using any equipment in a safe and appropriate manner, informing your Line Manager of any health and safety problems and immediately stopping any unsafe activity until adequate measure have been taken to remove the risk or reduce it to as low as possible.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to GCSE level standard.
Knowledge & Experience
- Administration and coordination experience including excellent typing skills.
- Previous Construction Co-Ordinator experience desirable.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Able to work closely in line with agreed standards and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works to a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Confident telephone manner.
- General Admin
- MS Office