Job Ref Number: 613AS
Position: Environmental Consultant
Location: Sligo, Ireland
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural consulting firms. They practice and continually strive to provide award winning design and service to their clients. They provide civil, structural, mechanical & electrical, environmental, sustainability and traffic engineering design and consultancy, project management and PSDP services. They work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to join their small but growing environmental team in Sligo. This is an exciting opportunity for career development for the ideal candidate and also scope to provide the opportunity to work on nationally recognized high-profile projects. Their workstream is generated through well-established client relationships, as well as internal cooperation with other engineering divisions within the company and they see this area as a growing sector in their field.
The successful candidate must have the ability in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting. The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including habitat, bird and protected species surveys, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assisting in the coordination and preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Appropriate Assessments, planning application documentation and other environmental reports;
* Provision of technical input to environmental assessment projects, including data collection and analysis;
* Engage with clients and external stakeholders, as necessary;
* Coordination of sub-consultants contributing to projects;
* Assisting in the preparation of tender submissions;
* Providing support to Senior members of the Environmental Team.
* Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Environmental Science, additional qualifications preferred. Chartered preferably but not essential.
* 5+ years’ Experience in the areas of Environmental Impact Assessment and Appropriate Assessment.
* Experience in Strategic Environmental Assessment as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
* Excellent report writing and communication skills.
* Must be physically fit and preference would be if you are able to drive.
If you’re interested in this role, kindly forward an up-to-date copy of your CV in a word format to Andy