Estimator / Project Manager

  • Construction Jobs
  • Coventry, West Midlands
  • Oct 27, 2020
Permanent Construction Civil Engineer Estimator Project Manager Management Architect & Design

Job Description

Estimator/ Project Manager £45,000 - £50,000 Plus Excellent Benefits Coventry A Midlands Based Civil Engineering/Main Contractor is seeking to recruit permanent Estimator with Project Management experience for their Coventry Office. The core busines activities are based around Civil Engineering and Groundworks accounting for roughly 60% of turnover with Main/Principle Contracting taking up the other 40% so a good knowledge of both will be advantageous. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years Estimating experience and be comfortable running projects up to £2m. The role itself albeit an Estimator, will include elements of Project Management, Site Surveying and is a very client facing role with over 75% of project return custom. The opportunity to progress to manage the estimating team and commercials of the business is available should the right candidate have the skill, confidence and work ethic required. Skills & Experience Sound knowledge of civil engineering construction, with site experience Strong numerical and data analysis skills Proficiency in Excel Commercial awareness Project management experience Accurate and consistent approach Experience in the preparation of cost estimates Good communication skills and the ability to engage with clients at all levels Familiarity in the use of cost estimating software would be advantageous A minimum of 5 years' experience in the construction sector Strong knowledge of application of construction technologies Program Software, i.e. MS Professional Solid knowledge of working with JCT contracts Implementing and being compliant with Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental legislationKey Tasks/Accountabilities: - Provide comprehensive commercial estimating service to the Construction function of the business controlling either an assigned project and/or a portfolio of projects within that business unit. Carry-out site visits that are required for the tender to ascertain access, etc. either directly or manage and arrange this by providing a local senior colleague with clear guidelines on what information is required from the site visit. Proactively lead and take part in discussions and negotiations with suppliers and sub-contractors during the tender process. Develop and maintain good relationships with key members of supply chain. Lead and take part in discussions with Client's designated personnel or professional teams employed by them in pre-and post-tender meetings, negotiations, discussions and correspondence. Close out items such that when contract is finally received all qualifications or clarifications have been agreed and incorporated or removed into the agreed tender and contract between the parties. Prepare tender estimates from first principles, drawing on previous experience and knowledge of certain techniques and outputs, sub-contractor quotations and material prices unique to each tender. Deploy an innovative approach to tendering and deliver winning tenders that will provide a solid foundation for operational and commercial colleagues to use as a platform to deliver a successful profitable contract that can be used, followed and subsequently managed on-site to control risk and cost and maximise margin.In return our client offers an attractive remuneration package including a generous benefits package and market leading salary and company stakeholder's pension scheme