MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to join a Housing Association based in Surrey (Morden). This will be a permanent position paying £48,000 - £50,000p/a + £5425 Car Allowance.
Purpose Of The Job
* To be responsible for the management of the internal surveyors and supervision
* of the work undertaken on behalf of the Trust by specialist consultants.
* To provide professional technical and practical building surveying services for the
* Trust in relation to its property assets, ensuring that all property related data is
* accurate and current.
* Within the resources available, to procure, manage and deliver to budget and
* time the Trust's major works, planned and improvement programme in
* accordance with the Trust's policies, procedures and timescales so that value for
* money is achieved, all health & safety, legal and statutory obligations are met.
* To ensure that tenants receive a customer focussed service and are involved in
* planned and major repair programmes in accordance with the Trust's policies and
* To advise the Property Services Director about operational efficiencies and
* provide support in maximising and monitoring performance.
* To provide the Property Services Director with regular reports on all programmed
* works and improvement budgets to ensure annual budget is spent according to
* To monitor and review the stock database and ensure the Trusts' asset
* management strategy is maintained to the appropriate standard.
* To ensure that accurate and timely data including asset management, property,
* budgetary and performance data is accurately recorded and reported, and that
* corrective action is initiated in areas of own responsibility.
* Collaborate with the Property Services Manager in the delivery of property
* maintenance to the Trust's property portfolio.
* Provide technical support and hold regular technical consultation with internal
* and external surveyors as well as specialist consultants.
* Ensure pre and post inspection regime of responsive repair and major works are
* in place.
* Plan and deliver planned works projects to ensure that good quality, value for
* money works are delivered to the right buildings, at the optimum time.
* Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery is
* compliant with contracts, specifications and schedule of rates.
* Manage contractors' performance delivering building works at a project level
* including H&S, quality, value and progress.
* To ensure that decision-making and variations are fully documented.
* To make sure that projects are administered effectively and that contractors are
* monitored and managed robustly.
* To monitor and report progress and expenditure on all projects.
* To provide workload delivery, financial and contractor performance data.
* To lead on the procurement of voids and planned works.
* To produce, maintain and update specifications for work to be delivered.
* To ensure timely investigation and response to complaints
* To discharge all regulatory and procedural H&S obligations and ensure that
* actions identified in risk assessments are appropriately prioritised and completed
* and relevant systems updated.
Title: Senior Surveyor
Salary: £48,000 - £50,000p/a + £5425 Car Allowance
Location: Surrey, Morden