Compliance Surveyor

  • BuildingSurveyorJobs.co.uk
  • Worthing, UK
  • Oct 17, 2020
Full time Building Surveyor Compliance Surveyor

Job Description

Compliance Surveyor

Permanent contract – 37 hours per week
Remote working with site visits
Help us to make our customers feel safe and sound in their homes
Property health and safety compliance is at the heart of safeguarding the security and wellbeing of our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join our asset compliance team if you want to make a real difference to ensure the safety of our customers is achieved. You will play an active role to ensure that all Worthing Homes property-related health and safety compliance across our residents’ homes is in line with current legislation. In this role you will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management of property compliance (gas, electrical, fire safety, asbestos and lifts etc.) ensuring remedial works/actions are completed on time and to a high standard. You will also assist with the procurement and management of compliance contracts.
To fulfil this role working collaboratively with others will be critical to ensure that programmes are delivered in line with agreed budgets and key performance indicators are met. A methodical approach to work and a keen eye for detail is essential for recording and reporting compliance information to our stakeholders. The ability to successfully work in partnership to deliver high quality, customer focused solutions is key.
The successful candidate will also have:
• working experience and knowledge of current compliance legislation.
• related construction / surveying qualification or equivalent work experience.
• ideally a relevant construction / property compliance or health and safety accreditation (i.e. NEBOSH, fire safety, asbestos, etc.)
• relevant experience in a housing or property/building organisation and be comfortable using housing and repairs management information systems.
• a full UK driving license and the use of own car. There is limited travel to Worthing Homes properties. 85% are within a 5 mile radius of Worthing town centre. The remaining 15% within a 15 mile radius.
If you would like to know a bit more about the role, Ian Reed our Head of Asset Management will be happy to have a chat – ireed@worthing-homes.org.uk (no agencies)

Salary

£35000 - £38000