Commercial Manager / Estimator

  • Construction Jobs
  • Maidstone, Kent
  • Sep 09, 2020
Permanent Construction

Job Description

Commercial Manager / Estimator - Civils Maidstone, Kent £Highly Comp. + Bens Company A £7m division of a larger contractor based in Maidstone, Kent that complete a full range of civil engineering projects with values from £50k to £2m within the public and private sectors. The company are financially secure with projects predominately in the London and Home Counties areas. They have an excellent reputation for the quality of their works completed to programme and budget and an enviable client list. Commercial Manager / Estimator This role would suit an experienced Estimator seeking their next move into a more senior role due to 80% of the work involving estimating and the remaining 20% commercial management and business development. Therefore solid estimating experience within the civil engineering sector is required and where with support, you will manage the measurement of multiple contracts, take off and build-up of rates, the procurement of subcontractors and the securing of new work. You will be working closely with other senior Managers and Directors within the group and receive full support with a view to achieving continued growth over the next five years to push the division forward. You will:- * Be a current Estimator with solid experience within the civil engineering/groundworks sector within a UK Contractor * You will have knowledge of construction working methods, contracts, and subcontract arrangement * You will need to be numerate, a clear communicator and a team player. * Willing to commute to meet clients, suppliers and subcontractors * Be highly motivated, excellent communication skills and keen to develop the business to its full potential * Have a stable work history * Full UK Driver Licence This position would suit someone highly driven and looking to play a key role in the continued development of the business. Please forward a current CV in the first instance. MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building and civil engineering sectors throughout the UK. Estimator / Commercial Manager / Civil Engineering / Groundworks / Surfacing