We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced architectural technician to play an integral part within a forward thinking Design Consultancy team in the successful delivery of professional services.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
* To manage own workload and to ensure high quality of delivery and commercial viability
* To prepare and assist in delivery of a variety of schemes to the required budget and programme and to pre-determined standards
* Assist and prepare detailed design and construction information drawings and specifications for procurement of contractors on a variety of schemes
* To assist architects with sound technical advice in the development of designs
* Assist in providing professional technical services to clients, across a variety of sectors
* Ensure through sound management of workload and programmes that financial outcomes are achieved or exceeded
* Maintain close relationships with key existing clients and address concerns, to maintain high levels of satisfaction
* Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
* Registration or Progressively working towards professional membership of CIAT
* Minimum qualification of Diploma in Construction
* CAD Proficient, Photoshop proficient and experience of other Adobe packages (Illustrator and In-Design). Revit experience is an advantage. 3D graphic and visualisation skills would also be beneficial.
* Must demonstrate a high standard of technical skills and construction knowledge
* Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks on projects to deadline and / or budget
* The ability to work under direction but to be able to use own initiative when required
* Good relationship management with both colleagues and clients
* Full driving licence
* Be proficient in MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project etc.)
* Maintain annual CPD record to develop / maintain knowledge of industry best practices
* Experience performing a similar role
* Ability to communicate with people in a co-operative and persuasive manner
* Excellent presentation skills
* Commercially aware and financially astute
* Experience of preparing specifications and contract documents
* Must be fully IT literate and numerate
* Ability to network and to successfully pursue new business opportunities
* Experience of developing excellent Client relationships
* Comfortable in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince
* Experience working within an ISO 9001 certified environment