Bathroom and kitchen fitter - Ashford and Maidstone - £130 PD - £230PD
Our Client is a small Ashford based firm providing high-quality domestic kitchen and bathroom supply and installations services across Kent. We are currently seeking a kitchen and bathroom fitter capable of working to high standards and under minimal supervision. If you have a keen eye for detail, and insist on the end result being beyond reproach then your installation skills could fit well into this expanding company. Customer care, getting it right first time, and being able to take pride in a job well done are the most important aspects of this role.
- To manage fits from removal of the existing to completion of fitting the new suite under the supervision of an installation manager
- Curious, professional and smart manner at all times
- Respect for the properties being worked in
- High levels of cleanliness while working
- Good timekeeping skills
- Ability to work to pre-agreed and reasonable timescales
- Project management to ensure work follows required timescales
- Basic construction knowledge
- Awareness of health and safety requirements, and application to the work undertaken
- Basic plumbing knowledge including solder, compression and push fit systems, hot and cold water supply systems and basic heating system understanding
- Floor and wall tiling, including layout calculations, adhesive selection, cutting methods, multiple materials, and fixing methods
- The ability to apply and finish silicone sealant to a professional standard
- Ability to install laminate and vinyl plank flooring
- Kitchen installation including scribing panels and mason’s mitre worktop joints
- Knowledge of laminate, solid wood and solid surface worktops and their different installation requirements
- Other desirable skills include electrics, plastering, carpentry, kitchen fitting, advanced plumbing and water softener installation
- Enthusiastic and self-driven
- Ability to work from mainly verbal and often remote instruction
- Understanding the impact of your role within a small and expanding company
The right candidate would ideally have their own presentable van to travel to and from work sites, although consideration will be given to those without. Tools can be provided if required but a candidate with their own tools would be preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small expanding company with a brilliant reputation for customer service, workmanship and professionalism, and by helping to uphold these standards you will be able to help drive the success of the business, which will be rewarded with additional responsibilities and remuneration.
We are committed to upholding the training and development of our staff, and as such consideration will be given to candidates with all experience levels and backgrounds. This job description is designed to outline the role, but may not detail all duties the job role requires to be completed.
If you feel you have the attention to detail this role requires, and hold the skills necessary to complete high-quality bathroom installations then please send you current CV to for consideration. Due to the volume of applications received it is not possible to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.