This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced labourer to join a well established and ever growing landscaping company based in Nottingham.
The successful candidate will be trained up to perform various ground working and landscaping tasks, such as digging, mowing, strimming and turfing. You will have to be flexible with your working hours and happy to do overtime as and when required.
A CSCS card and driving license are essential for this role.
Starting wage is £9.50 an hour, which will rise to at least £10.50 at the end of your probation period.
If this position sounds interesting, then please don't hesitate to apply now, or call (phone number removed) and ask for Joe Thornton for more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
(Apply online only) Monday - Friday
My client is a local authority, looking for an experienced labourer to work alongside there roofing team.
You will be undertaking physical and manual work to support the lead operative(s) in general labouring activities such as fetching, carrying and cleaning. You will be working on building operations to domestic public and civic buildings owned or managed by the local authority.
To be suitable for this role, you must have employer references dating back at least 2 years and ideally have your own driving licence/transport.
This is a temporary position (at least 3-6 months), with a very good chance of it being ongoing for the right candidate.
If this position sounds interesting, then please hit apply now
I am currently looking for a qualified plumber to undertake Plumbing repairs, maintenance and installations, within social housing stock, schools and public buildings.
This is a temporary position (at least 4-5 weeks), with the potential for ongoing work. They are offering a highly competitive rate, and a van if required.
You will be working alongside other skilled maintenance operations and be there to support other trade staff in the effective completion of repairs, maintenance and other building operations to property and buildings.
The successful candidate must be capable of carrying out new plumbing installations (1st and 2nd fix) including but not limited to – central heating, solid fuel, sink units, water closets, baths, showers and wash basins. You will be expected to work for by your own initiative and resolve any practical minor or routine technical difficulties on site, liaising with your management as required.
The ideal candidate will have his own transport, relevant NVQ or equivalent qualifications and their own vehicle.
If this position sounds interesting to you, then please hit apply now, or call (phone number removed) and ask for Joe for further information
My client is a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland.
They have an excellent reputation for investing in their people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to continuing success and growth of their Civil Engineering team, they have a fantastic new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor (QS). Working as a QS on major water infrastructure projects across the Midlands area, you will play a key role within the team in delivering quality and value for money projects to our Client.
* Manage the subcontractor appointment process.
* Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
* Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
* Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
* Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
* Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
* Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
* Visits on site to view works completed, quality and management of costs.
* To undertake any other duties as allocated.
* The ability to prioritise and work within set deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and improve effective internal and external working relationships.
* Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline with 5+ years’ experience ideally in Civil Engineering, Water or Wastewater. Experience of having worked with Severn Trent Water would preferable but not essential.
* Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
* Sound knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC3/NEC4.
* Full clean driving license
My client is a local housing authority located in the Derby area. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to oversee minor electrical works on various buildings in the Derbyshire area.
This is a temporary position, with ongoing work for the right candidate.
The successful candidates’ duties will be as follows:
* Provide a design, contract administration and maintenance service for electrical services for Council schemes or similar projects
* Carry out inspections and report on all electrical installations in Council buildings and act as joint qualifying manager for the Council’s registration with NICEIC.
* Carry out site and condition surveys of electrical services in buildings. Provide detailed reports including defect diagnosis with priorities, recommendations and costing’s, breaches of legislation and inadequate fire precaution measures
* Ensure that systems are designed and maintained in accordance with all health and safety requirements with due consideration to energy and water conservation.
* Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams, estimates and contract documentation to obtain competitive tenders for projects and maintenance work.
* Supervise contracts during the installation phases and carry out site inspections for progress, appropriate technical content and quality of workmanship. Comply with set quality standards and monitor their application to site works.
* Consult with statutory bodies and with private or public utilities.
* Work with schools and other organisations with maintenance responsibilities for Council owned buildings (or other buildings) to ensure that such sites are aware of their maintenance needs and priorities.
* Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals submitted by client departments and schools.
If this position sounds interesting to you, then please don’t hesitate to apply now
Soil testing technician required to be based on a site in Derbyshire for a period of about one year.
This is a permanent position that would then be based at my clients Draycott office. The site testing will involve:-
* Moisture Contents
* OMC / MDD
* Particle Size Distributions
* Plasticity Index
* Particle Density
* Other tests may be required
* Undertaking basic soils testing both on site and in the laboratory
* Operating semi-automated and automated lab equipment
* Following established protocols, work instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
* Manage and implement preventative and corrective actions.
* Follow all health and safety measures in place and ensure team members do the same.
* Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
* Previous laboratory experience.
* Operating in a UKAS Accredited laboratory
* Understanding of safe working practice in a laboratory environment.
* Site and laboratory testing experience of soils and / or other construction materials
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Proficient in using Microsoft packages.
Full driving license is essential
Core hours are Monday - Friday (phone number removed)
Salary: £10.00 - £11.15ph, dependent on experience.
Due to the nature of the work, you do need to be flexible to work weekends and upon completion of this contract, nights as required.
Applicants may have a background working in a geotechnical laboratory
My client is looking for a Project Manager to join their ever growing team, working primarily out of their head office based in Derby. They are a leading supplier of fabrication and structural steel products. They work across a multitude of sectors, including Rail, Water & Gas Telecoms and General Construction.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Structural Steel/Construction background and will have some experience of managing Rail and Utility industry contracts. PTS training is essential.
The Successful candidate must:
* Be familiar with current health and safety and environmental standards and legislation. A working knowledge of ISO9001 Quality standards is also preferable.
* Be self-motivated, a team player with excellent organisational skills, completing projects on time and within budget.
* Be able to build good working relationships
• Complete site surveys, taking accurate measurements to enable detailing of requested work.
• Assist with estimating process for job costing
• Agree specifications of work and realistic timescales with clients
• Create method statements, risk assessments and task briefings for site installation
• Ensure all project documentation is securely and correctly filed
• Ensure all projects are produced and installed to required quality standards Skills/Qualifications The successful candidate must have
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Project and CAD software
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work to tight timescales
• Excellent man management skills
• PTS and CSCS card an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary.
• SSSTS or SMSTS a major advantage
In return for your hard work, you will recieve a competitive salary and pension package, a company laptop, phone and the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Structural Steel companies in the East Midlands.
If this position sounds interesting to you, then please don’t hesitate to apply now, or call (phone number removed) and ask for Joe for further information