Are you looking for a change in your career? Exciting projects to work on? Would you like to move to Beautiful British Columbia, BC? Looking for sponsorship? Great Benefits for families! Very competitive compensation and bonus packages.
SBW has been in operation since 1897! We are looking for great people to join our diverse team of construction professionals as we grow.
The Senior Superintendent plays an integral role to lead, organize, and manage all project construction teams and is accountable for the safety of all personnel in the field, actively monitoring the project within the approved schedules.
The Senior Superintendent manages all day-to-day project progress, with a focus on but not limited to, Risk Management, Team Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring, and overall Planning. This role reports directly to the General Superintendent and is in frequent communication with key stakeholders such as the subcontractors and site staff.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Site and Team Management
- Interpret drawings and specifications to prepare a detailed preliminary plan to execute the project in conjunction with estimating and operations
- Follow a detailed construction schedule and track the progress on site
- Review the tender/construction schedules and tracks their progress on site
- Motivate project teams and all stakeholders to complete their portion of the work safely, on time, and to an acceptable standard of quality
- Monitor the progress on-site and initiate any corrective action required to ensure that all major milestone activities are completed on schedule
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the client, the consultants, the subtrades, and regulatory authorities
- Ensure the Project sites are clean, well-organized worksites with required site signage to ensure that a professional image is projected
- Enforce SBW and OH&S standards in all aspects of each project
- Develop and update Risk Plan Matrix in coordination with Project Manager
- Develop and recommend major projects execution plans
- Utilize advanced risk management strategies to mitigate risk
Team Leadership, Management, and Culture
- Provide leadership to all parties working in the field by providing and modelling a high level of transparency, integrity and professionalism
- Assemble key personnel for projects to maintain sustainable and successful project team relationships (big team).
- Manage and collaborate with, Assistant Superintendent and other Field Staff
- Lead the project team on construction methodology, procedures, and practices on an ongoing basis, with the General Superintendent
- Mentor teams to expedite the resolution of any problems or conflicts that arise in such a way that neither their schedules nor level of quality for the projects is compromised
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 10-20 years’ experience as a supervisor
- 10 years’ experience Institutional Building Construction
- Expert ability to read drawings and specifications and visualize the work.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Expert Scheduling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Mentoring & Coaching Skills
- Safety Training i.e.. CSO or documented Safety courses, WHMIS
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills
- Experience on projects such as:
- Advanced complexity projects (i.e. hospitals)
- Workforce of 100 to 200
- Project schedule of 24+ months
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above qualifications, please apply to our Superintendent posting on our job board OR send your resume to Human Resources email@example.com