What will you be doing as our new Senior QS?
As our Senior QS you will manage a team of multi-discipline contractors, multi-disciplined supply chain and encourage collaboration and innovation to be industry leading in commercial management.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
* Build and maintain working relationships with the supply chain and clients.
* Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually. Monitor subcontractors against the programme. Negotiate final accounts.
* Develop, manage, and coordinate the procurement schedule.
* Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract (re-measure as required).
* Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
* Ensure that Farrans Construction is compliant with all contractual requirements.
* Monitor project expenditure against budget. Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections. Exploring opportunities to maximise value and minimise cost.
* Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
* Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and documentation to clients.
* Create project specific commercial risk and opportunity profiles with measurable controls and allocate responsibility.
* Lead and support a team of Surveyors. This will include people management interventions such as performance management, individual focus reviews, manpower planning and the continuous professional development of the team.
* Mentor and coach your commercial team members in line with Company standards and values, to maximise the potential of both the teams and the individuals in line with the Company values and behavioural competencies.
* Analyse and compile records & evidence for impacts on Projects attributed to Covid-19 and Brexit.
A bit about your skills and experience required.
* At least ten years pre and post contract experience in a construction commercial management role working on major projects.
* Experience administering NEC form of contract.
* NEC Change Management Experience
* Risk Management
* Degree or demonstratable suitable commercial management experience
* Major Civil Engineering Project Experience
* Strong understanding of modern Civil Engineering techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
* Strong understanding of construction contract conditions.
* Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions.
* Good career continuity.
* Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
* Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
* Strong IT Skills
* Accurate and consistent approach
* Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
* An excellent professional demeanor.
What Farrans can offer you
We provide you with the opportunity to work on high profile, complex projects and join the permanent team we have across the UK & Ireland.
Farrans offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes, 30+ days annual leave, pension plan, car allowance, health cash plan enrolment, enhanced maternity, family friendly policies, access to discounts, cycle to work scheme. 24/7 counselling and support health line, GP anytime, Wellbeing App, Company Occupational Health, Annual Health and Well Being Events
Due to a project location, it may mean that you have to leave away from home, to support this Farrans cover your accommodation in addition to supplying you with a living away from home and travel allowance