Our clients are a specialist Earthmoving, Ground Engineering & Soil Stabilisation contractor. They are a team of dedicated professionals who pride themselves in their quality of workmanship and their ‘can do approach’ to solving technically challenging problems, providing their customers with the benefit of years of experience across a broad spectrum and pride themselves giving their customers a positive experience.
They work on a broad range of projects from major highways improvements, commercial developments, housing schemes through to public and private ground engineering projects.As an Employee in a family business, you will be working in a close-knit team environment in a company that has their employees at the centre of everything they do.
Reporting to the Group Director and working closing with the Commercial team and Finance Director, your role as a QS is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters and should be able to effectively manage their teams and stakeholders to delivery projects efficiently and cost effectively.
- Monday – Friday 0800-1730
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Mentor and develop the surveyors within the specific project team
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect our clients contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in our clients best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the our clients best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
A detailed Job Description will be shared upon application that outlines all the responsibilities.
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
- Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous.Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.
- Knowledge of the tendering process
- Knowledge of the various forms of contract used across the industry
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained.
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Effective negotiation skills with both internal and external customers