Setting Out Engineer
We are currently recruiting for experienced Site Engineers to join our team on the A391 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton. This important and strategic scheme involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow.
The project is programmed for completion during December 2023.
In our effort to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, we welcome applicants from all ethnicity and background for these roles.
Reporting directly to the Site Agent you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
* Setting-out the works in line with the construction programme.
* Undertaking survey work and as-built surveys.
* Drawing up Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits.
* Compiling and maintaining daily work record sheets and diaries.
* Daily programming and planning of work operations.
* Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
* Reporting any unsafe act or defect to your Line Manager.
* Liaise with fellow members of the project team and client's representatives on site.
The ideal candidate
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects.
Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
* Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification.
* Use of GPS &/or Total Station instrumentation.
* Setting-out carriageway and RC structure works.
* Compiling measurement records and daily diary sheets.
* Compiling and maintaining ITP's and Quality Records.
* Good English spoken and writing skills.
* Degree educated or equivalent qualification.
* Working (or looking) towards achieving chartered status.
* Possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card.
* Eligible to work in the UK.
* Work site hours (Generally 07.30 - 17.30) Monday to Friday.
* Work occasional night and weekend shifts.
* Motivated and enthusiastic.
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment