A minimum of 3 years experience, knowledge of brickwork/general building work is essential, you will be highly motivated, have a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, ability to work on own initiative, must be a team worker and have strong IT skills (Microsoft office, word and excel)
- Measuring and estimating.
- Preparing calculations for interim application for payment including variations
- Preparing and negotiating final accounts.
- Remeasure bill of quantity's
- Pricing variation orders and charging client accordingly
- Monitoring costs to ensure works are within budgets
- Preparing contract claims information
- Visit live sites to ensure works are running correctly
- Document control
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
- Negotiating costs and prices
- Attending on-site meetings
- Attending sites at least once a month for valuations
- Ensure contract cash flow is maintained
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relations (new and existing)
- Develop and implement estimating and cost control strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Build and maintain profitable partnership with key stakeholders
- Owner of the QS and estimating functions for all aspects of the business
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, maintenance schedules and reactive cost analysis with the architect and/or the client.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- To ensure that all project teams successfully deliver to both us and the customer in line with the agreed time, cost, quality, design and safety measures, including undertaking regular site reviews and, where necessary, acting to identify and mitigate actual and/or potential problems (e.g. losses, safety/quality issues and customer complaints)
Paid holiday, pension and company vehicle.
This role will be office based, but you will be expected to visit our various sites.