Our client's head office is recruiting for the position of Group Risk and Audit Manager / Senior Manager. The role offers excellent progression opportunities, both within the team and wider business, for the right candidate.
The Group Risk and Audit Manager / Senior Manager will report to the Group Head of Risk and Audit and will support the development and delivery of the functional strategy.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with other head office functions and the trading divisions. The role offers excellent exposure to senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Evolving the risk and audit methodologies in line with good practice and business needs.
- Facilitating the risk management process, providing independent challenge over risk assessments, mitigations and action planning.
- Preparing risk and audit plans which add value and are aligned to the Group's risk landscape.
- Coordinating other assurance activity across the business and maintaining an assurance map.
- Delivering risk and audit reviews across all functional areas, offering challenge and insight on the design and operation of processes and controls.
- Executing a compliance programme (both regulatory compliance and internal policy compliance) to assess levels of adherence with key requirements.
- Supporting other head office functions or trading divisions on a secondment basis, for example in areas such as finance and commercial.
- Undertaking advisory reviews to support key projects and/or the development of new processes.
- Assisting ad hoc investigations (such as fraud or whistle-blowing).
- Developing high quality written outputs, ensuring findings are relevant, pragmatic and accurate. This includes sharing of good practice across the Group so that process improvement and organisational efficiency is achieved.
- Monitoring findings and actions to ensure identified issues are appropriately remediated by the business.
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of reports for the Audit Committee.
- Maintaining an on-going awareness of developments in corporate governance, including UK SOX.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Audit or accounting/finance background.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing systems, processes and controls.
- Knowledge of risk and audit techniques and methodologies.
Qualifications and Training
- Accountant, preferably ACA qualified.
Skills and Aptitude
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Appetite to understand business functions and processes.
- Commercial and delivery focus.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and engagement, at all levels within a business.
- Organisation, planning and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a changing environment.
- Verbal and written presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Process mapping and documentation.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Role and Working Conditions
- Head office based role with c.30% travel when required.
- Core hours and remote working options available.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Competitive annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save As You Earn