Based in Peterborough, McIntyre Electrical Limited is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company employs over 200 people and has an ambitious growth plan to double its size over the next few years.
There is now the exciting opportunity to join the expanding Commercial Department as an Estimator, being part of the Estimation team delivering cost estimations with a commercial-minded approach.
In return, the pay for the role will be between £28k to £36k (depending on demonstrable past experience), as well a range of benefits including:
* 22 days' holiday, plus the 8 standard UK bank holidays
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Discount Programmes (including shopping, gym membership and holidays)
* Health and Wellbeing services (including OnDemand GP services)
* Reward and Recognition platform
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering and studying proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents and to then compute costs by identifying and analysing labour, material and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
* Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information, as well as special reports summarising information and market trends.
* Maintains a cost data base by entering and backing up data regularly and keeping abreast with industry developments.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending workshops, forums, reviewing technical publications as well as local networking events.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
* Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
* Commercial Director (working closely to ensure estimations are aligned with the commercial strategy and direction).
* Business Development Manager (passing leads to the Business Development Manager and following up on progress).
* Operational Managers (confirming capacity for workstreams and revenue based on estimations).
* Suppliers and third-party bodies (to support the collation of accurate estimations).
Key Performance Indicators:
* Achieving targets and KPIs consistently as set by the Commercial Director and Business Development Manager.
* Role-modelling a continuous focus on health and safety in role at all times, raising concerns in the right way to the right people, continually looking at ways to improve the safety of self and others and providing advice if observing others not complying.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Excellent report writing
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong analytical skills, especially numerically to be able to deliver accurate and sound estimations.
* Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
* Highly driven whilst being proactive and using own initiative
* Resilient to set-backs and able to consider, with a positive approach, other avenues to achieve goals when met with challenges.
* Innovative – always seeking new ways of working to further improve how estimations are made and delivered, and drive growth.
* Commercially aware – knowing when an opportunity is viable and conducting thorough market analysis for due diligence.
* Proven experience of holding an Estimator role previously within the Electrical, Fire and/or Security industry
* Continuous improvement experience/qualification preferable