We are looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled engineer with FMCG manufacturing experience to work for a growing manufacturer based in North Essex.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer:
- You will be responsible for providing immediate support in the event of machinery breakdowns
- You will be experienced in maximizing the plant availability on a range of process and packaging lines
- Your duties will include proactively improving equipment operation to reduce machine downtime and increase production efficiency
- You must be able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision and conducting work appropriately and safely
- Overall you the incumbent will be charged with ensuring all machinery and services are in good working order, ready for production use
- We are looking for candidates that have completed a time served Engineering apprenticeship previously.
- The right candidate will have a recognised electrical and/or mechanical qualification/s.
- The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will possess a logical and methodical approach to fault finding and resolution
- You MUST have had previous experience as a Multi-Skilled Engineer / Packaging Engineer
- Have previous experience within a FMCG and packaging environment.
- We are looking for someone with the flexibility to be available if a major breakdown occurs which requires out of hours assistance to resolve the issue
- You MUST have an understanding of PLC and computer controlled equipment and be competent in electrical/mechanical fault finding and analysis skills
- Ensure all work carried out complies with internal and legal policies
- You also must have dealt with safety matters within an FMCH environment
- Be positive by example, behaving appropriately with a “Can Do” attitude at all times in line with the company values and work policy.
Personal Attributes desired:
- Looking for someone with a passion in Engineering
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty
Working hours: Monday to Friday 06:00am-14:00pm or hours to meet the needs of the business. You may also be required to work up to 15 additional shifts per year within your salary.