My client is a leading fabrication business, based Worcestershire. They manufacture a variety of interior solutions mainly for the Defence and Traction sectors for customers such as the Ministry of Defence and Bombardier. Leading by example, it is more important that the appointee can motivate, co-ordinate and man manage the quality team
Reporting directly to the Ops Director, you must have sound knowledge of the ISO 9001:2008 quality management standard and have an understanding in the ISO 9001:2015 update and the impending implementing time scale. Ideally I am looking for a candidate with some understanding of the automotive management system under TS 16949 and the advance quality planning tools under QS 9000.
- The role of the Quality Manager is to assist with establishing systems and procedures to ensure the business meets its overall objectives and targets.
- The right candidate will act as the custodian of the management system, ensuring all personnel adhere to the management systems processes.
- The Quality Manger will liaise with the registration body.
- You will plan and prepare in order to conduct internal audits to ensure ISO 9001, legal & statutory compliance.
- The incumbent will assist senior management, conduct performance & management reviews to improve the business, by monitoring performance and producing statistical reports.
- You will be responsible for assisting the sales and commercial teams to understand the customer’s specific quality requirements.
- The QM will also manage the customer returns data base, allocating resources to meet corrective action deadline.
- The right candidate will have previous experience in investigating improved ways of working, driving waste from the manufacturing and supply chain process routes.
- You will work with staff on quality related issues and provide for training when shortfalls have been identified..
- The right candidate must have had previous experience in managing and motivating the team of quality engineers and inspectors.
- you will be expected to co-ordinate the activities of the quality team in order to meet the business objectives.
- Investigate smarter methods of operating and review equipment requirements.
- To train and apply industry quality planning and process approval tools such as PPAP, FMEA,FAIR, 8-D, etc.
- To provide day to day support to the quality team.
- To provide such support as required to the business in response to customer product developments and expressed concerns.
- Assist in making processes mistake proof, constantly looking at improving systems, processes through objective analysis.
– This is a temp to perm position, with a competitive salary – Shift work will be at a premium rate
– 20 days basic holiday, plus bank holidays