POST TITLE: Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Partners of the Practice
Responsible for: Financial control of Building and Civil Engineering contracts and production of tender documentation.
Overall Job Purpose
To provide an efficient and effective construction financial management service the practice’s clients.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provision of financial expertise in the delivery of the practice’s service to its clients.
2. To produce estimates for construction schemes under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
3. To produce tender documents for construction schemes under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
4. To prepare valuations, financial statements and produce and agree final accounts with contractors for construction works under the supervision of a Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor.
5. To undertake all works in accordance with the firms QA procedures.
6. To utilise and develop the firms computerised systems.
7. To advise the Partner, Associate or Senior Surveyor of disputes with contractors as and when they arise.
8. To work in a team in undertaking the Practice’s business.
9. Undertake liaison with other members of the construction team as and when required to efficiently undertake the Practice’s work.
10. To comply with existing and future legislation relating to the work being undertaken.
11. To comply with the firms Health & Safety Policy.
12. To represent and promote the Practice at meetings when called upon to do so.
13. To represent and promote the Practice at all times.
1. Type of Experience:
Up to five years post qualification experience. Specific knowledge and experience of SMM7 along with working knowledge of JCT and other forms of contract, previous PQS experience, working with Government, or Local Authority funded bodies are desirable.
Minimum BSc in Quantity Surveying working towards MRICS membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
3. Contact with People:
The post holder will have contact with the practice’s clients and other members of the construction team.
Responsible for the financial control of significant/substantial budgets working under the supervision of the Partner in charge of the scheme or an appointed Associate or senior surveyor.
5. Managerial and Supervisory Responsibility:
May at times be required to supervise junior surveyors.
6. Special Attributes:
The post holder will be a team player capable of working to deadlines. With a flexible approach to financial management.
7. Physical Requirements:
The post holder will be physically and mentally able to undertake the full remit of the responsibilities of the post.
8. Other Factors:
A full UK driving licence is desirable