- Are you a Quantity Surveyor, who wants to work for a dynamic company with bold growth plans?
- Do you want to be part of a company who not only values its people but rewards them accordingly?
My client is the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector.
They are a family-run, privately-owned business who has an ever expanding profile. They’re proud of what they do, and the people they work with. They have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 450 people and growing all the time.
They pride themselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
They have won a host of awards, from ‘Most Outstanding Retirement Housing Operator in the UK’ in the Over 50s Housing Awards for six consecutive years, to The Sunday Times Best 100 Small Companies to work for.About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Surveyor to work alongside our expanding team in Byfleet to oversee our developments in the area.
You’ll manage the entire financial cycle of two to three contracts, from the preparation of anticipated build costs through to the procurement, payment and final evaluation of subcontractors.
It’s a great role for those who love autonomy and exposure, as you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of key internal stakeholders from Construction and Procurement through to the Managing Director. You’ll also be working with external contractors and consultants; agreeing trading terms and contract negotiations.
You’ll be responsible for preparing construction budgets and, using the drawings provided, prepare schedules, estimates and other working documents. About you
You’ll have a background in Construction, with previous experience as a Surveyor, preferably in residential development.
You’ll hold the HNC or HND qualification and we’d prefer it if you were a member of a professional body RICS or MOICB. It goes without saying that you’ll be comfortable understanding architect drawings, specification documents and the relevant terminology.
It’s important that you’re a commercially astute negotiator and have experience in measuring drawings, preparing bills of quantities and other standard surveying techniques. Comfortable working independently and collaboratively with a wide range of responsibility, you’ll have huge self motivation, the ability prioritise and supervise a team.
Hours of work are 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Friday. You’ll make at least one visit to your sites per week and some additional overtime may be required.How you’ll be rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days minimum + Bank Holidays, prorated for part-time employees
- Company car/van provision or cash car alternative (dependent on your role)
- Additional holiday - Up to 5 additional days’ holiday entitlement (dependent on service)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance – (dependent on your role)
- Mothercare vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Day off on your birthday
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eye Care Voucher Scheme
- Retained mediator and counsellor to ease staff problems
- Payroll giving for charitable donations
- Colleague Introduction reward scheme
- Land Introduction Bonus
- Professional Subscriptions
- Training Courses
- Professional development
UCA ConsultingContact Name:
Russell RobertsContact Email:
Byfleet - Surrey Salary:
£40,000 - £50,000