About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Major Projects team to work in Basingstoke
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
-Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
What the client is looking for – You Will:
- Have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE.
- Hold a valid CSCS card.
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
Why work for our client
Day in, day out, our client’s teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
About our client
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our client’s design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
Our client has a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of their customers. Our client’s recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport & Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation