CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS, INCLUDING SENIOR AND PRINCIPAL LEVELS (YORK): NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND LEVEL. PRIMARY FOCUS ON RAIL PROJECTS, BUT RAIL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE NOT ESSENTIAL. WORLD LEADING MULTINATIONAL COMPANY WITH EXCELLENT DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
Our client one of the leading civil engineering consultancies. They work in partnership with their clients through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Our client offers a unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe, generating over $2Bn in revenue. Due to expansion of their rail team, we are currently seeking to recruit a range of civil and structural engineers.
We are striving to attract career minded and technically advanced Civil Engineers to join their existing high calibre team working on a variety of projects within the Rail sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Line Manager, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging structural designs.
You will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
You will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with other design disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to attain Chartered Engineer status and develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to (Engineer level):
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to the project
- Preparing drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Gaining experience and proficiency in systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
Senior Engineer Level - technical leadership of graduate and engineer level staff, client liaison
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- BEng Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (ICE or IStructE accredited) preferred
- Working towards Chartered (CEng) professional membership preferred for senior or principal
- Familiarity with British Standards & Eurocodes
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude
Is This You?
If the above describes you then don't hestitate - send your CV to us and we will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss further. This is a fantastic opportunity for high class civil and structural engineers