HEALTH AND SAFETY CO ORDINATOR
We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Coordinator to provide QHSE guidance and systems across an established engineering and maintenance company based form the Stockport Office.
The position is a full time permanent position paying between £25000 - £35000/annum BUPA, CAR, TABLET, 21 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS STAT.
Covering the Manchester / North West Region (Multi Sited Role)
• Carry out all QHSE tasks as directed by QHSE Management that are required to maintain ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001management systems.
• Drive to deliver continual QHSE improvements across the company
• Ensure the companies QHSE procedures are implemented to enable compliance with all relevant legislation.
• Carry out regular site and operative audits and inspections to monitor compliance with QHSE rules, standards and regulations and produce detailed reports with any necessary remedial actions.
• Advise on the practical implementation of Safe Systems of Work, Construction Phase Plans and Environmental Management Plans.
• Investigate and report on all accidents, incidents and near misses looking for root and systemic causes and recommend any remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Send reports to the QHSE Management and Director and ensure recommendations are actioned.
• Ensure that all QHSE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support internal and external QHSE audit requirements.
• Engage with stakeholders and partners (clients, principle contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers etc) to help achieve QHSE targets and objectives.
• The Company is a National one, and as such, the position may require occasional national travel. It IS a multi-site position.
• The QHSE Co-Ordinator will be able to demonstrate competence (preferably with previous experience in the maintenance / construction industry or similar construction/engineering business) with a good practical understanding of the principles of QHSE issues and legislation, and its interpretation into practical terms.
• Able to work as part of an established QHSE team, with excellent communication skills at all levels.
• A positive approach to QHSE.
• A hands on approach to resolving issues and finding effective and practical solutions.
• A clean driving license and willingness to travel
• Fully conversant with IT
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now or email details to (url removed)
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website (url removed)
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer