Building Surveyor: Bedford
Our client is a long established and award winning property design and management consultancy that is looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their Bedford team.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
1. Carry out property inspection functions including:
a) The identification of building defects and condition for reports.
b) Carry out roofing inspections.
c) Inspect and report on compliance in respect of Disabled Discrimination Act.
d) Assess and advise on fire risk.
e) Carry out measured and level surveys.
f) Asset management surveys including data input to both paper and computer.
2. Prepare estimates, specifications, supervise contractors and check and approve accounts. Obtain statutory approvals where needed.
3. Prepare, specifications, AutoCAD drawings for improvement, refurbishment and new build schemes, tender documents, and supervise works to completion including agreeing interim and final accounts.
4. Undertake Party Wall work on behalf of clients and advise colleagues of their responsibilities under the Act.
5. Carry out and submit Planning and Building Control submissions, including consultation with the local Planning Conservation Officer and English Heritage.
6. Support and assist in the delivery of projects and programmes of work for clients through individual and multi-disciplinary team work.
Key Result Areas
The post holder will be expected to:
1. Ensure that projects are monitored so that client requirements are met (time, cost, quality) and they are delivered profitably.
2. Ensure the team leader is fully informed of projects.
3. Support other members of staff in the team.
4. Complete planned work programmes and project to schedule.
5. Be fee earning to 95%.
If you would like to apply for this role please e-mail your CV