About the role
You will be working for Works Delivery as a Project Engineer [Track]. Reporting to you will be a team of technical staff. You and your team will be responsible for specifications, designs and construction activities.
1. Implement the Client's systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
2. Engineer Projects to the standards and specification of the Client, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and the Client's standards, formal specifications and procedures.
3. Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
4. Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
5. Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
6. Internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel are competent.
7. Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
8. Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
9. Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Successful relevant experience in Track Engineering with involvement in construction and design.
• Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent level.
• Knowledge of quality assurance.
• Experience in CDM, risk assessment, engineering management.
• Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
• Knowledge of health, safety and environmental aspects when carrying out engineering works in the railway environment.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business