Day rate negotiable
Our client is a specialist off-site design and build Contractor; with projects ranging from £250k to £7.5m across multiple sectors. They have successfully won a tender for a large modular build project in Swansea. As a result they are looking to appoint a Project Manager to deliver this project.
Responsibilities, Duties, Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate will be delivering an 80+ bay commercial/education build. The Project Manager will work closely with the Contracts Director and take an active role in the pre-construction and planning phase of contracts and manage the construction phase from inception to handover.
- Experience of delivering large education or commercial projects
- Experience in Design and Build Contracts
- Experience in demolition works
- Strong communication skills
Manage projects to programme/budget
- Review, update and baseline contract regularly to manage actual programme.
- Provide regular progress reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all activities on site are managed in line with the costed Preliminaries Schedule for the specific project.
- Ensure site instructions are received for works additional to scope of works.
- Attend site progress meetings with client/customer representative(s) as required.
- Liaise with commercial department with regards to variation and cost issues.
Complete projects to agreed specification and quality
- Inspect quality of work as the site progresses.
- Feedback to factory to improve quality/level of work achieved prior to delivery.
- Ensure benchmark set for site management to achieve.
- Liaise with client in determining quality and snagging regime.
- Feedback issues to enable design and quality improvements.
Manage and coordinate subcontractors to achieve the above
- Appraise sub-contractors of programme requirements.
- Ensure contractors complete work in line with their method statements/risk assessments.
- Ensure adequate resource available to achieve all programme requirements.
- Appraise contractors' performance for programme/quality and feedback for future contracts.
- Discuss performance with site manager to assess competence.
- Inspect quality of work for all contractors during progress of their works.
- Agree benchmark with client/customer representative
- Ensure feedback to Operations Manager regarding defects upon delivery to improve quality/level of work achieved in the factory.
- Ensure feedback to Operations Manager regarding design defects for continual improvement.
- Good understanding of developing project programmes using MS Project software
- Production of risk assessments and production of RAMS
- Good understanding of managing health, safety, welfare and environmental issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Strong customer facing skills and communication with the client and all team members throughout every project
- Ability to work as part of a team.
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest to you, please apply via the link below and we will discuss the role in more detail.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we are still keen to hear from you so please call on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence.