Our client, Compass Engineering, is an established, family owned design and build steelwork contractor for distribution warehouses and low rise structures. With their main facility based in Barnsley they design, fabricate and erect structural steelwork and portal frames principally for the warehouse, distribution and industrial sectors.
An exciting opportunity exists for a talented and experienced Draughtsperson to join their Drawing Office team. Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Coordination of Information, liaising with external/internal Engineers and Architects to meet deadline
• Production of General Arrangement Drawings to gain approval from our clients & external design team
• Attending external client meetings and internal progress meetings.
• Working with the contracts department to manage variations and client changes
• Preparing lists/reports Fabrication drawings to internal programmes
• Liaising with internal site team to deliver customer requirements
Applicants should possess previous experience in a similar role, ideally working with a Steelwork Fabricator or Consulting Engineer and will be fully conversant with Tekla to produce steelwork arrangement and fabrication drawings to a high standard. You will be able to relate to all levels of people both inside and outside the business with a view to achieving best outcomes. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen eye for detail and a commercial awareness in all activities.
A big part of Compass Engineering's success is the value and pride we place in the relationships we have with both our clients and staff. As a small group of highly motivated professionals we aim to be the best at what we do and it is essential that you feel the same. This post is key to our future success and we can offer genuine progression and support in addition to a competitive salary package, pension and profit related bonus.