We are delighted to be working with one of the biggest and most prestigious rail industry contractors in the UK.
If you are looking to work for an organisation that takes pride in nurturing talent and provides opportunities for you to unlock your potential at whatever stage of your career, then we want to hear from you.
We would like to talk with Quantity Surveyors who can lead and deliver transportation projects within this very high profile and prestigous infrastructure development.
Working with the Commercial Director you will lead, manage, develop and train the commercial teams across your portfolio of projects
Raise commercial awareness and embed commercial focus and best practise across each project team
Lead on all contractual matters from inception to close out via in depth understanding of the contract and its implications for profit delivery.
Assisting in the preparation of contract documents, including bills of quantities, specifications, drawings
Manage the Risk & Opportunities process to allow for the identification of Risk and Opportunities during the tender and construction phases and ensure the Commercial function delivers contractual solutions and strategies that balance these risk and opportunities.
Set and manage budgets ensuring all costs are correctly allocated into the relevant WBS
Establishment of robust project life cycle cost forecasts updated monthly and monitored against agreed targets
Proactively drive the recording of all contractual entitlements, ensure timely notification of events and accurate pricing and substantiation of change
Establish and maintain rigorous cost controls including early warning systems and provide robust accurate financial data and management reports on each project through the monthly reporting cycle including EVM.
Provide procurement support to ensure each project is delivered safely, timely, at the least cost and to optimal quality.
Ensure all procurement expenditure has been validated by the operational delivery team and identified under the budget as necessary to deliver the project
Deliver contractually agreed cash flow and ensure all AFP’s are submitted / assessed in line with the contractual timescales.
Ensure all valid Supply Chain payments are made in line with the relevant supplier agreement.
Negotiate and agree contractual disputes and final accounts within DFA levels
Working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector having hands on experience working for contractors as a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager on large civils or infrastructure projects
* Working knowledge of finance systems and various forms of contracts
* Cost and budget administration
* Financial and commercial reporting to board level
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
* Minimum 5 years Commercial Management experience as an SQS or QS with a proven track record in major projects.
A sample of Benefits
* Season ticket loan
* Cash plan – Healthshield
* Employee forums- your voice matters
* Close working Teams with fun social activities
* Small company approach with a big company attitude
* Company Pension
* Life Assurance/Death in Service
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Long Service Awards
* Flu Vaccinations
* Managers – development programmes to fit with all levels of Leadership*
* Manager Company Car/Car Allowance*
* Private Medical Insurance*
For a full job description, apply now and we will call / email you back in the strictest of confidence.
Specialist Recruitment Services UK Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and abides by the REC code of professional practice, Matrix standard for information, advice & guidance services