Leci Groundworks Ltd is a well established Groundworks and Basement Company based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire.
We are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree/OND/HND or similar in Construction or Quantity Surveying.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary.
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities including build costs, preliminaries and fees.
- Leading tender adjudication meetings.
- Risk and value management of tenders. This includes spotting, taking advantage of and advising internal teams on potential risks and opportunities in a tender/project.
- Investigate and price Value Engineering cost savings where applicable.
- Being the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
- Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments.
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project.
- Ensuring accurate tracking of all tender documentation.
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials.
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans.
- Measuring and pricing accurate complete cost plans.
- Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Monitor targets and workflow.
Working hours will be 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.
Salary is competitive.