Associate Mechanical Engineer
Global Building Services Engineering Design Consultancy
London with Flexible & Hybrid Working
£75,000 to £85,000 plus bonus, share scheme, and generous benefits package
re:Work are proud to have partnered with a multi-award-winning and industry leading global engineering design consultancy to support in their search for an Associate Mechanical Engineer.
As industry leaders, the business is highly regarded for their technical excellence, high standards of quality and innovation, and their ability to deliver environmentally conscious, sustainable engineering for challenging projects across a diverse array of sectors and project types.
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen to join as Associate Mechanical Engineer. The position would suit an experienced Senior, Principal or Associate Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer who can lead a multi-disciplinary team, be responsible for the delivery of key client projects, mentor and develop junior engineers, and support with business development and the overall growth of the division.
Reporting into the Technical Director, the Associate Mechanical Engineer role will be responsible for team leadership and the management of stakeholders and clients, and ensuring business processes and team resources are aligned for effective project delivery.
* Act as the Associate Mechanical Engineer and oversee detailed design of mechanical and multi-disciplinary projects ranging from major new build developments to refurbishment, adaptation and fit-outs.
* Co-ordination of building services design with other disciplines and with external parties such as architects and client project delivery teams.
* Co-ordinate with contractors and manufacturers on a technical level.
* Participate in project activities including design, specification and documentation.
* Review and comment on contractor technical submittals.
* Participate in Construction stage activities for projects including compliance, quality monitoring and witness testing.
* Lead and guide and participate in projects from initial concept through to completion.
* Contribute to the overall design work of allocated projects
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree (BEng) in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
* Experienced and qualified in the field of mechanical engineering design and delivery.
* Demonstrable experience writing specifications, detailed design, project delivery or commissioning.
* Site experience of building services solutions appropriate for projects within the Commercial, Residential, Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Data Centre or Life Sciences sectors.
* Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
* Have attributes of a team player and willingness to be involved in the growth of a small specialty discipline.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
* Basic salary of up to £85,000
* Annual performance bonus
* Company share scheme
* Hybrid and flexible working
* Generous holiday allowance with option to purchase more
* Private healthcare, dentail insurance and employee assistance programme
* Subsidised gym, social sporting events and fitness membership
* Financial support for professional development and industry memberships
* Career progression opportunities within a global business
If you would like to be considered for the position of Associate Mechanical Engineer (Building Services Design), or if you are within the field of Mechanical, Electrical and Building Services Engineering and would like to be considered for other opportunities, please APPLY NOW!
Applications encouraged from professionals with experience holding a position of Senior Mechanical Engineer, Principal Mechanical Engineer, Associate Mechanical Engineer, Associate Building Services Engineer, Associate Director