Groundworks Contracts Manager
Salary: Upwards of £60,000 + Package and experience dependant
Location: Office Location is Chelmsford. However, the site locations will vary.
PC Groundworks (South East) Limited is a small but busy construction company based in the heart of Chelmsford. We are expanding the business across Essex, London, Kent and Cambridge and we are now in need of an experienced Contracts Manager to oversee these sites. The Groundworks Contracts Manager will work closely alongside our Foreman as well as our Managing Director to provide the best service we can for our clients.
Key role and responsibilities for the role of Groundworks Contracts Manager:
1. Managing and administrating groundwork contracts including site visits.
2. Tender analysis and Recording variations.
3. Managing Labour, Plant and Material requirements weekly
4. Holding weekly operational meetings with QS and Support Staff and compiling operational reports
5. Producing weekly Client Progress Reports
6. Ensuring that site teams are performing and building in accordance with the contract documents / drawings
7. Ensuring site staff presentation is up to standards
8. Reviewing H&S Documentation and implementing/maintaining H&S policies and procedures
9. Document Control including making sure site teams have the correct drawings.
10. Ensuring labour requirements do not exceed the available work on any project
11. Producing programmes using Asta Programming Software (training can be given)
12. Aiding the QS with Monthly applications and cash flow forecasts
13. Recording Variations and feeding back to the QS providing all supporting information.
14. Recording site instructions and client instructions
15. Creating and issuing of delay notices and EOT
16. Drafting and Issuing RAMS
If the above sounds like you, please keep reading to find out what we would expect from our Contracts Manager as well as what we can offer to you!
The minimum requirements and key character points we are looking for:
1. At Least 10 years’ experience or more at a Contracts Manager/ Project Manager / Site Manager level within the construction and civils industry with specific knowledge of groundworks, basic understanding of sub structure work
2. Main Contractor and civils Experience
3. You will be required to manage your own workflow which will include attending weekly team meetings both in the office and on sites.
4. CSCS Card (additional tickets/cards will be advantageous)
5. UK Driving Licence
6. The Contracts Manager must be willing to travel to sites as per the business demand.
7. Degree Educated is highly advantageous, but not essential. However, a Construction related qualification, Ideally HNC or B-Tec in Construction or relevant experience will be required.
8. NVQ 6 or above
9. SMTS and SSTS
10. Open mind, strong team leader, good work ethic and organised. As well as Punctual & Hard working
11. Positive can do attuite and realistic view on projects.
12. Communicate well through all levels of the business.
13. Strong IT Skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
14. Passion for the groundworks industry.
What we can offer the Groundworks Contracts Manager:
PAYE Competitive Salary of £60,000 upwards Per Annum
Yearly Pay reviews
Package allowance – Discussed at interview stage.
Paid Paternity Pay and Maternity Pay
20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + Paid Christmas Shut Down
Pension contribution with NEST Pensions
Online Courses for Professional Development as well as paid training courses to support you within your role
PC Groundworks (South East) Limited is a Hybrid Generation company within the construction and groundworks industry.
The Hybrid Generation charter is a pledge to make positive change through education, safety, and good working practices. Our charter brings together the expertise and knowledge our customers expect, by relating recognised construction standards with the needs of real people. We do this by adopting a strict set of KPI’s with our people and our processes.
Our Mission is to build trust in our work, loyalty in our relationships, context in our values, future in our processes, and to empower a new generation of being. To find out more about Poppet please go to our website or follow us on linkedIn.
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now