Job type: Technical Assistant
Location: Bristol & South West
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Position Type: Permanent
Sector: Construction/Building Materials
Job Reference: SN(phone number removed)
What would you do on a daily basis?
We are looking for an individual who can assist the technical services department within our clients roofing division, specifically focused on metal and bituminous flat roofing for commercial buildings.
You will be responsible for the generation of bespoke specifications, thermal calculations and technical drawings, ensuring our projects comply with building regulation, technical support for contractors and the sales team.
You will be required to visit construction sites during the planning stage, construction phase and after the project has been completed to quality check the installation and answer any technical questions our clients or contractors may have.
* Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good presentation skills.
* A good technical understanding of commercial flat roofing and metal systems, in particular standing seam systems, both in its design, construction, and specification.
* A good understanding of current building regulation for commercial and domestic properties.
* Excellent computer skills with Office applications, AutoCAD.
* Problem solving ability and to be able to work to time scales.
* Able to work under pressure from a demanding sales force and prioritise work.
* Bonus skills
* An understanding of building facades and their construction/design.
* The ability to perform structural calculations and have professional qualifications to do so.
* A good understanding of CDM 2015 and the responsibilities as a designer/principle designer.
Benefits for you
* You will have the fortune of working within a great office-based team.
* You will be given the autonomy to run with your own ideas, methods and encouraged to use your initiative to progress and further your role within the company.
* This is a rapidly growing organisation and working for them will give you ample opportunity to develop your professional skills and position as the company continues to grow.
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency