Plant Operative (Ref: 9785)
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Plant Operative to assist our Plant Supervisor with the day to day operation of Plymouth Concrete plant.
About the role
As a Plant Operative you will be ensuring Health and Safety legislation, Environmental and Quality requirements are complied with as well as batching concrete to the correct specification.
Other elements to the role include:
* To effectively operate a batching plant(s) to the standards required by the company using procedures including operation of the loading shovel
* Conforming to Aggregate Industries standards and guidelines, Support the Plant Supervisor by ensuring the site, plant, buildings and equipment are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain security at all times
* Assist and support supervision of all onsite hauliers /mixer truck drivers so that Aggregate Industries standards and procedures are maintained
* Ensure the depots maintenance improvement log is reviewed and updated, reporting any defects to the Operations Manager
* Ensure plant mixers are cleaned as and when required and defects reported in a timely manner
* Taking customer orders and dealing with customers calls and requests
* Ensure all waste is managed correctly following Aggregate Industries procedures and guidelines
* To assist the Plant Supervisor and ensure that the company’s cash sale procedure is fully complied with and that all transactions are fully reconciled and receipted before handing over to colleagues for banking
* Maintain accurate materials/ stock data as required by national procedures and in doing so minimise the number of discrepancies/ anomalies at each month end.
* Ensure that all technical testing required for the production of concrete at the plant is carried out to the correct standards and timescales. This includes all value-added products and corresponding procedures
* Assist the Plant Supervisor and supervise other staff and drivers at the plant so as to ensure optimum productivity without compromising health and safety, environmental, or QA standards
What will you bring?
* Knowledge of AI Policies and procedures would be an advantage
* IT Literate
* Knowledge of concrete desired but not essential
* Local geographical knowledge highly desired
* Customer Focused
* Good Communication skills
What’s on offer?
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets