Position: Town Planner
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 negotiable depending upon experience
Location: Milton Keynes
Penguin Recruitment is working with an indepandant town planning consultancy in Milton Keynes to recruit a Town Planner to the team. This is a career defining opportunity for an ambitious planning professional looking to build their reputation and portfolio of planning experience.
With offices in London and Milton Keynes we are ideally positioned to offer a comprehensive service throughout England and Wales. Town planning encompasses a broad area of expertise. Our team is highly experienced across the key planning sectors with over 30 years combined experience. We tailor our solutions to each client's needs and provide a cost effective and responsive approach to instructions.
What we are looking for:
- Have previous planning experience gained in either a planning consultancy or the public sector.
- Ideally, MRTPI or RTPI accredited qualification.
- Have an interest in envriomental planning.
- Be an imaginative problem solver.
- Have a strong ability to communicate articulately and accurately in person and in writing.
- Be dynamic and ambitious and keen to take on responsibility.
- Preferably, environmental planning experience
What you will be doing in the role:
- Write and lead on planning applications
- Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals;
- Effective client liaison at all stages of projects;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning and environmental assessments and reports;
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants;
- Ability to analyze planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues;
- Liaising with Planning Authorities and other statutory bodies;
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders...... click apply for full job details