Mechanical Building Services Estimator
Location: Loughton, London.
Salary: Dependant on the Candidate
Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
Travel: Travel expenses for work related journeys
Training: Will be supported and provided in all areas where required
An established Mechanical Construction Contractor based in Loughton (IG10), are looking for a Mechanical Estimator to be predominantly office based.
This role is for a Mechanical Building Services Estimator for an established mechanical services company. Currently the majority of the work undertaken is new residential fit out, specialising in heating, air-conditioning, ventilation, hot and cold water services, drainage, sprinklers and gas supplies. Apartments, offices schools, hotels, medical centres and other project types are also within the project portfolio. Projects range in value from £200K to £4M.
Both traditional tendering from consultants drawings and specifications and some in house design and build projects are tendered.
* Prepare and submit tenders utilising Enterprise Estimating Software.
* Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare tenders.
* Identify and provide alternative design proposals, solutions and value engineering options.
* Liaise with internal and external engineers, consultants and subcontractors to construct and formulate tenders.
* Establish and maintain tendering processes and conduct negotiations.
* Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
* Support and encourage other team members.
* Monitor targets and workflow.
* Control and organise tender documentation.
* Perform other duties at management’s discretion.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
* A sound technical knowledge of mechanical building services systems is essential.
* Sound experience in mechanical estimating.
* Knowledge of the construction industry is essential.
* Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Enterprise Estimating and on-screen take off.
* Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate confidently with all members of the construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
* Ability to work on own initiative with confidence and accuracy