- To ensure that the office, depot and associated facilities are maintained to the highest possible standards at all times and that the building infrastructure and fabric are robustly protected and cared for, including the operation of ancillary equipment.
- Work within the department on both planned and reactive maintenance.
- Maintenance repair and installation work involved with the operation of Large Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Plant, insuring that plant is available and maintained to optimum performance levels at all times.
- Maintaining documentation to ensure company legal compliance.
- Using the CMMS (shire) to ensure all regular maintenance is carried out.
- Ensure regular mandatory checks including but not limited to:-
- Refrigeration Plant
- Dock Levellers
- Access Equipment/MHE
- Maintain building management systems with particular attention to trend.
- Maintain stocks to enable the company to operate safely, effectively and efficiently with the minimum disruption.
- Installation of new plant and equipment.
- Continual assessment of plant, to ensure most effective performance, in both energy and operation.
- To undertake internal office furniture/equipment handling removals and relocation, including the conference/training rooms and any necessary audio visual equipment, configuring to the users requirements.
- R&D for on-going projects to ensure best practice within the industry.
Finance and Contract Management:
- To assist the facilities manager to ensure all contractual obligations are carried out fully, successfully and with the minimum disruption.
- To ensure all repairs and maintenance are carried out within budget and any foreseen expenditure is highlighted with capable parameters.
Technical and Interpersonal Skills Needed For This Role:
- The job demands knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering, and a knowledge of all aspects of current Health and Safety legislation, Control of Legionnaires Disease, Electricity at Work Act.
- The ability to make decisions on behalf of the company on all preventative and remedial maintenance, with commensurate skills in technical evaluation.
- Initiative, clarity of thought and the ability to resolve problems quickly and accurately.
- An ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – able to adapt to any audience level.
- Logical thinker / problem solver.
- Self-driven with willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be involved.
- Sociable and communicative with the ability to fit in to a fast paced results driven team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to progressive training.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A trade apprenticeship plus min 10-15 years practical experience in Industry.
- Educated to GCSE Level standard or equivalent in Maths, English and Science subjects.
- Qualification: O.N.C. or C & G Certificate Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Proven ability in fault finding.
- Full clean driving licence.
- C&G 2079 F Gas and ODS Regulations.
- BS EN 378:2008.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills/qualification.
- BS 7671 17th Edition regulations.
- Counterbalance FLT Licence
- IPAF 3a/3b
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!