This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making
Purpose of the role:
Assisting with the design process coordination, planning and programming requirements for assigned
work-packages within a designated area to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in
accordance with client cost, time, quality, and scope requirements.
Reports to the Project Engineer within an engineering team comprising of Site and Section engineers.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Checks dimensions design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from
- Responsible for supporting the production of methods statements and risk assessments to be
approved by supervising engineers.
- Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call
- Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there
are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment.
- Adopts and promotes a culture of right first time
- Files and maintains the engineers drawings and specifications so that the current information is
- Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and
provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches.
- Effectively communicate technical information to the workforce and liaise with all functions and
support services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes on the role of temporary works supervisor for their section of works and ensures temporary
works are identified and the correct procedure is applied.
- Provides dimensional control for a section of works.
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is
achieved at every step
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Raises Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non-
- Undertakes as-built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be
included in project records if required.
- Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
- Provide feedback to supervising engineers/managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist
contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
Essential skills & knowledge:
*Technical Skills: *
- Knowledge of and experience in reinforced concrete is a must
- Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station
- A strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
- Respects other team members across all functions and has a one-team approach.
- Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
Education & Qualifications:
- Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent