An established and growing built environment contractor are looking for an experienced SHEQ Advisor with demonstrable experience of construction and facilities management would be advantageous. The successful candidate will implement the Health and Safety strategy across a portfolio of projects, promoting a strong safety culture and ensuring compliance with both industry and company standards. You will be supporting projects by implementing the business management system as well as monitoring their performance on an ongoing basis through inspections and audits
Report back on health, safety, environmental and quality performance, to the SHEQ Manager, gathering key performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
* Attend all safety team meetings as required. Note: this is usually 1 to 2 days per month.
* Determine and manage your work priorities (in conjunction with the SHEQ Manager) for continuous improvement of the company’s SHEQ management programme and business management systems.
* To develop training for the workforce in conjunction with the SHEQ Manager.
* Responsibility for the sites SHEQ inspections audits. This to include managing those being completed by the management team
* Implement the improvement plan laid out by the senior management team.
* Interface with all managers and supervisors on the projects, offering technical and “hands on” support where required.
* Liaise with other members of the SHEQ team and ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and implement new health and safety procedures as instructed by line management.
* Ensure all company HS&E policies and procedures are applied and enforced across the defence projects business streams.
* Health & Safety – Maintain, update, produce H&S procedures & policies
* Occupational health – COSHH assessments
* Environmental – Maintain, update, produce environmental procedures & policies
* Quality – ISO 9001. Update & maintain procedures
* At least 3 years’ experience in a SHEQ Advisor Role with Line Management experience; Risk Management, Method Statement Review, Site inspections and investigations, preparation for Audits, Risk Assessment experience, CDM Regulations implementation, an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation, company standards and requirements to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
* Experience of BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001 and BSI ISO 45001 standards
* General NEBOSH Certificate
* CSR Site Card
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* Environmental Management Qualification
* Tech IOSH Status or CMIOSH status
Salary & Benefits:
* £48,000 - £50,000
* Company Car / car Allowance
* 25 Days Holiday
* Training & Development
* Sick Pay