The Principal Engineer Role
The role will assist with the feasibility, design, consultation and implementation of highway public realm schemes. These typically comprise of general security (hostile vehicle mitigation), streetscape improvements, mixed-use place making, inclusive connectivity and environmental improvements.
- Managing designs and implementing highway engineering solutions
- Developing excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, external providers and other agencies
- Undertaking monthly programme and financial reporting
- Liaising with the client team on progress
- Preparing reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures
- Ensuring that day to day correspondence and other communications are dealt with professionally, speedily and effectively.
- Ensuring colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
- Maintaining improvement to and compliance with various quality (IMS) and ISO registrations, and to operate within the processes defined within these standards. To maintain various quality and ISO registrations, and to operate within the processes defined within these standards
- Identifying risk & mitigation, risk reporting, incident recording and investigation and future improvements
What we’re looking for in our Principal Engineer
To be considered for this role you must have significant experience of highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment. You will be familiar with local government and private sector clients and you will be a recognised individual within a specialist discipline. It is important that you have office and site experience and you will hold a CSCS card and a HND qualification or equivalent.
Ideally you will be Chartered and will have experience in the design and implementation of HVM related projects. You may also have site management experience and a good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3.
Benefits of becoming our Principal Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Access to Company’s active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Vodafone discounts for you and your family.
- Car lease discounts for you and your family.