Are you a maintenance Engineer keen to break into the Packaging Industry? Want to work for a multi national business that offer stability, growth and solid earning potential? Looking for an employer that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The business is a global manufacturer, and supplier of environmentally friendly packaging for a wide range of industries. They have a huge manufacturing site based in Northampton, with a range of production packaging lines, robots, trimmers, check weighers, and various other bespoke equipment. This site employs over 120 staff across a split shift system, with future growth plans in the next 12 months to expand both machining capability and head count.
Benefits include a salary circa £35K, but would be negotiable for the right person, overtime availability paid at Time & 1/2 , 30 days holiday including bank holidays, annual bonus, a company pension scheme, opt in healthcare package after probation, and other perks like free drinks, fruit deliveries weekly.
Working hours are continental shifts of 12hr days and nights rotating, full shift pattern provided on requests
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Carrying out both reactive and preventative maintenance to all equipment and facilities
- Investigate breakdowns and carry out corrective maintenance and repairs
- Undertake both electrical and mechanical repairs, servicing and replacement of parts
- Supporting PPM's and provide continuous improvement
- Carry out analysis and investigations using failure mode analysis and route cause analysis tools (5 whys)
- Report conclusions to the manager make recommendations for improvements
- To comply with legal requirements and to work within Company health and safety guidelines
- Supporting the manager with facilitating the in house CMMS