Job Summary :
Are you a proactive Cost Management Surveyor looking to work on building projects that can change the world, projects that are always more complex and innovative than the last?
If so, we are looking for an experienced professional to join our team in AECOM's Regional office in Peterborough to work on a diverse portfolio of projects in sectors that may include residential, retirement living, commercial and industrial. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions.
AECOM plays a critical role in the conceptualisation and creation of amazing spaces, delivering projects and buildings that define skylines and communities.
We are friendly, busy and motivated with an established track record of successfully delivering local and national projects. Some of AECOM's our flagship work in recent years include Palace of Westminster, Southbank Place and Arctic Science centres to name but a few.
About Our Team:
We are currently an office of 60 professional people delivering construction solutions for our diverse client base, providing a broad range of services. We strongly promote personal and career development with clear career structures and development programmes. We look to balance this with a flexible approach to working through our "Freedom to Grow" programme.
• Lead Cost Management commissions, taking responsibility for their successful delivery.
• Provide effective support and mentoring to Graduates and Apprentices.
• Ensures commissions are managed and completed efficiently, on time and to the client's satisfaction.
• Develops strong reciprocal relationships with clients and members of the project team.
• Be the primary interface with AECOM clients (new and existing).
• Ensure all staff members reporting to you have current and relevant training.
• Manage the delivery of cost management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards.
• Provide full Cost Management duties to AECOM clients.
You will ideally be a self-motivated individual from a consultancy or client organisation background with the ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
Minimum Requirements :
• Degree Qualified - BSc or MSc - in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management.
• Proven experience in a consulting environment providing the full spectrum of CM services including Pre Contract Estimating; Procurement; Contract Administration, Cost Reporting and Final Account resolution.
• Understanding of JCT Design and Build form of contract.
• Understanding of a variety of project types/sizes/sectors that might include Residential, Care, Commercial and Industrial sector experience would be advantageous.
• Ability to manage relationships effectively.
• Supporter of social and CSR activities, promoting a positive and enjoyable workplace.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Professionally Qualified - ideally Chartered Quantity Surveying Status with the RICS, CIOB or other equivalent institution.
• Full clean UK driving license, and a willingness to travel.
• CSCS cardholder.
• APC supervisor/counsellor experience.
Your Benefits Will Include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements.
Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.