HAPPIER MGMT LLC
Construction Director/Construction Manager
Happier Mgmt is a real estate development and management company. We specialize in the acquisition, development and management of mixed-use commercial, industrial and office properties in Brooklyn NY.
Happier Mgmt is currently looking for a talented and driven individual to lead the construction division of our development and property management company. Initially this individual will lead the construction division and serve as the onsite construction manager for our current projects. Ultimately we will look to add additional construction managers under their supervision as we expand into addition projects.
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
1) Meet with the Happier Mgmt’s design team and third party engineers, architects and other design professionals on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress
2) Participate in the value engineering processes of design and development team
3) Coordinate the bid process with project sub-contractors
4) Prepare construction schedules and overall project timelines
5) Create project construction budgets
6) Manage on-site in-house construction team including manpower allocation, work scheduling, material sourcing and delivery.
7) Manage coordination between all construction subcontractors and in-house construction teams
8) Maintain ongoing construction budgets and budget to actual cost analysis
9) Coordinate special inspections and onsite DOB inspections
10) Create, manage and insure compliance of site safety procedures and practices
11) Consistently motivate the construction teams and propel the projects to conclusion in the most expeditious and safe way possible.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications: 1) Extensive experience managing construction projects from scheduling, buying out trades, and performing work on site 2) Be able to read blueprints and construction plans 3) Be able to coordinate and command multiple crews across various different trades 4) Be willing to think creatively about new approaches to design and construction 5) Have familiarity with NYC Building Codes, filing procedures and inspection processes 6) Be adaptable, reliable and have a growth mindset
Current Projects The following active projects would be the primary focus of this position for the next 12 to 24 months: 154 Scott Avenue: 110,000 SF, 5-story industrial loft building being converted from warehouse space to artist studios, band practice studios, skateboard park, photo-studios and roof top pool and spa facility. Construction Manger would be responsible for all on-site construction management and coordination. Currently in progress, 10% complete. 53 Scott Avenue: Ground up construction of a new 50,000 SF mixed-use project including music venue, grocery store, above grade parking structure and art studios. Currently in planning phase, construction expected to begin Spring 2020. 309 Starr Street: 18,000 SF 3-story addition to an existing 12,000 SF industrial warehouse property. The new addition will serve as expansion space for the buildings existing creative office and fabrication studio tenant. Construction expected to begin in Spring 2020.