Job Title: Project Manager – M&E
Salary: c£45k + Car Allowance
The Client Our client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation ductwork solutions, delivering projects throughout the UK ranging from Nuclear and Industrial Processes, to Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and Leisure industries. The client manufacture & install high integrity HVAC/Ductwork and containment systems.
To manage, control and deliver either a large complex project or a number of smaller projects simultaneously to the satisfaction of both the company and client.
There may be some requirement to work away at times, if this is the case then there will be an uplift of 15% on salary and £250 a week lodging allowance.
- To ensure that all statutory and company health and safety requirements are met
- To ensure that company procedures are complied with and that relevant information is communicated with the project staff.
- To develop good relationships with the client and potential clients along with their respective advisors
- To work with the Operations Director ensuring that the projects are adequately staffed by suitably qualified and experienced staff and that future needs are identified
- To maximise the project margin & control costs
- To ensure that as far as is reasonably practicable the company is protected during contract negotiations, on-site works and post contract discussions, and to ensure that records are maintained throughout the project delivery.
- To foster relationships with suitable senior consultants/subcontractor personnel
- By working with heads of individual departments ensure that staff training is kept up to date and that ‘fast track` personnel are identified and progressed accordingly
- Good communication skills at all levels are required, via all mediums.
- Good knowledge of the heating and ventilation industry, manufacturing techniques and site installation methods.
- Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Be aware of costs likely to be incurred by decisions made.
- Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
- A good working knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work.
- An ability to develop client relationships at all levels.
- Be aware of differing forms of contract
- A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
- Full UK driving licence
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides specialist technical and engineering recruitment solutions worldwide to the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and the Professional Services markets.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients