Senior Commercial Management Specialist, Cross rail, Job Description: Honeywell are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Management Specialist to be based in our Bracknell office.
Key Responsibilities :
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for Post Contract duties including:-
In close co-ordination with Regional/District Finance Leaders, ensure that negotiated settlements meet Region objectives for Final account value;
Optimise Project's Working Capital;
Contractual correspondence with reference to specific entitlements as set out in Contract, in liaison with Project Managers;
Request issue of bank Bonds/Guarantees, Parent Company Guarantees;
On selected projects and in conjunction with the Project Manager:-
prepare interim applications for payment;
progressively build up information to facilitate the prompt preparation of the Honeywell final account, and settlement of the sub-contract account;
ensure sufficient records are kept, and the relevant notices given to facilitate the successful negotiation of compensation events and Loss and/or Expense Claims while work is in progress;
Ensure invoice disputes are resolved with the maximum benefit to the Region;
Ensure payment to sub-contractors in accordance with contract;
Negotiate with other parties to Contracts, be they Consultants, End Users, Contractors, Sub-contractors or suppliers to maximise Honeywell entitlement and minimise Honeywell liability;
Provide a professional Commercial service to all District managers in the Region to maintain or improve contract profitability, cash flow and customer satisfaction;
Keep abreast of all major changes and developments in the areas of Building law, Construction practice and Industry Standard Forms of Contract, and advise District/project accordingly;
As and when required, provide commercial/contractual awareness training;
Where necessary work with external QS practices/Consultants and in conjunction with the Project Manager, review, monitor and agree the QS's/Consultants preparation of Honeywell's claim, prior to its submission;
Final account negotiation and settlement;
In compliance with the Schedule of Executive Approvals (SEA) and with the approval of Contracts / ENA Commercial Director commence mediation, adjudication, arbitration or litigation in the event a dispute cannot be resolved by negotiation.
Key Result Areas:
* Effective cost management of the project in accordance with contract;
* Management of payments to sub-contractors and suppliers in accordance with contract;
* Management of variations/changes to approved status;
* Assist in the EAC process.
* Minimum Bachelors degree qualification, likely to be in engineering or building services,
* RICS or CIOB membership an advantage.
* Extensive experience in Quantity Surveying/Cost Management including Commercial Management experience of substantial projects valuing greater than $20m in value.
* Knowledge of BMS, Fire Alarm, PAVA, Security and CCTV systems is essential
* Fluency in Microsoft Office and Excel is essential.
* Strong communication and numeracy skills.
* District/ Region Leadership Team;
* Contracts and Legal;
* ENA Commercial Director / Major Projects Team;
* Project Managers, Project Engineers, Hardware/Software engineers and commissioning engineers;
* Key contacts in the Client team;
* Suppliers and sub-contractors.
Honeywell International is a $31 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management