4 job(s) at Construction Jobs
Barnet, Greater London
KEDRO Search is actively looking for a Mechanical Site Manager for a leading Builder/Main Contractor in the City.
Mechanical Site Manager - West London
* Start date… ASAP
* Requirement… Mechanical Site Manager
* Min Requirements… SMSTS, Pipefitting background – Handy if you know Field View
* West London
* Free Parking… Yes
* Closest Underground Station… Edgware Road
* Project Type… Residential Flats 500
* Works to be carried out… Manage all Mechanical subbies – Shell & Core and Fit Out
* Duration of project… 9 months min – 2 blocks left
* Overtime Available… Saturdays – Work until 8am - 2pm get paid for the day
* Start Time… 8:00
* Finish Time… 17.00
* Breaks… 1hr during the day
* Standard Pay Day Rate… £300 a day
If you are interested in this Mechanical Site Manager role then please get in touch with CV
KEDRO Search has an excellent opportunity for Gold Card Electrician (s) offering longevity of at least 14 months.
See details below...
* Project Type…Residential
* Location.....Reading RG1
* Works to be carried out…1st and 2nd Fix
* Duration of project…14 months
* Start Time…07.30
* Finish Time…16.30
* Hours Paid…8.5hrs
* Breaks…2x 30 min (1 paid, 1 unpaid)
* Charge Rate - Gold Card Electrician £200 a day
* Overtime Pay Rate – 1.5X
If you are a Gold Card Electrician and you would like to apply fo this role please apply ASAP and we will be in touch
Electrical Construction Manager - Date Centre
An exciting new role has come up for an Electrical Construction Manager for a Data Centre in Hertfordshire.
We are looking for a proven electrical supervisor that has experience with laptop-based software(Word, Excel, PDF, Outlook) sending/receiving emails and keen to progress their career to project management but currently mostly supervisor based.
That being said, a proven electrical construction manager will also be considered for the role. If the candidate has their testing and inspection course and is able to carry out fixed wire testing, that'll be beneficial to the project.
Our client has a high standard of employment so will be expecting all candidates put forward to have good work ethics, good timekeeping, and be well presented.
The project is a data centre infrastructure upgrade and is expected to run until next July. They also have the opportunity for much more work on-site, the start date will be either the 21st or 28th September.
Role & Responsibilities of the Electrical Construction Manager
* Reporting into Electrical Project Manager on Project Progress, any key issues and hold up points.
* Creation of and/or updating RAM’S to the 4 weeks look ahead.
* Reviewing and commenting on Sub Contractor RAMs.
* Liaising with NTT and ensuring RAMs have reach approval status ahead of works commencing.
* Liaising with the supply chain to ensure operatives' names have been received and advanced requirements are closed out.
* Updating and issue of the Access/Delivery look ahead schedule.
* Attending site meetings/conference calls and keeping accurate meeting minutes.
* Walking the work faces with the supervisors to track daily progress.
* Delivering the daily safe starts with all operatives.
* Managing the daily permit process and retention of all documentation.
* Raising and tracking of RFI’s.
* Raising and tracking of Technical Submittal.
* Production and issue of Benchmarks.
* Production and issue of Shutdown/Migration detailed run schedules.
* Work to and report against the latest issue construction programme.
* Completion and issue of site Health and Safety documentation.
* Carrying out Site inductions, update project folders with new information ensure operatives are competent.
* Drawing production from initial construction to actual into RD.
* Close out of work areas
QA check lists.
Testing, Witnessing Commissioning Packs.
Visual Inspection Reports.
* Planning of works incl. weekend/OOH working and who is to carry out these works
* Ensuring protocols and policies set out by the Company and their client NTT are upheld.
* Ensuring Supervisors have the correct information and it is understood.
* Liaising with NTT Project/Construction managers.
* Liaising with NTT’s other Sub Contractors on-site coordination issues.
* Liaising with subcontractors.
* Better buying and procuring any materials required by the supervisors
- Gold Card
- Data Centre project experience
- Min 3 years Supervisory experience
* 7:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary & Package
- £50,000 to £55,000
- 25 Days holiday
- Travel fares paid
Pension after probationary period
To apply simply email across your cv and as long as you have a min of 3 years of supervisory experience, a SSSTS, and gold card I will contact you by return.
I look forward to hearing from you all
Training & Development Manager
Our client is a Construction Contractor who was established 30 years ago and has a current turnover of £40M. Due to their recent growth, they are looking to expand their team. We are looking for a Training & Development Manager who will be responsible for looking after the following...
* 50 Apprentices
* 5 Trainee Project Engineer
* 3 People doing their Degrees
* 2 People doing their Accounts Qualifications
You will also be managing an internal system that tracks their workforces expiry dates for their construction cards, such as...
* ASBESTOS AWARENESS etc...
Once any of their cards are coming up for expiry, you will be booking the workers in for the necessary training courses to have them updated/renewed.
As you will be looking after 50 apprentices, a large part of the job is overseeing and managing their progress. The contractor has its own branded log books that each apprentice is issued at the start of their training. It is your job to keep them on track and make sure the relevant tasks are getting signed off inline with their NVQs.
Ever 3 months each apprentice will need to have an appraisal. This is where you sit down with them and have 121's with each of them so you can find out...
How everything is going?
Are they keeping up with a schedule for their NVQs
What their motivations are?
You will also be managing the contractors 'Online Portal' and work with several recruitment agencies to collect CVs for Vacancies that come up. As the CVs are added to the Portal from your agencies, you will shortlist the ones you like and pass them on to the management to review.
Once they have been reviewed you will be arranging interviews as per the Directors calendars availability.
This is a fantastic role, that offers a lot of variety. If you are interested to hear more then please send us your CV and by response will call you if you are relevant